Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weezy


I don’t ask the Boss for much. I’m a dog. The most I can expect is kibble, a kind hand and warm place to kick back. The Boss gives me all that and more.

When I first laid eyes on lil’ “Weezy” on the PetFinders website late one night(http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18020716?mtf=1), my little heart went pitter-patter and my cigar stub of a tail almost shook off. I had to ask the Boss.

He, too, liked what he saw and despite the fact we’re a fairly flush in canines ‘round here, he sent an email to the lady up in Georgia where Weezy was. He didn’t hesitate. I couldn’t believe my eyes as he texted away. The Boss… yeah, he’s all right.

Then we got the bad news: The lady won’t accept out-of-state adoptions. The Boss casually broke the news to me but I could tell he was disappointed that he had to disappoint me. I didn’t eat for almost a week. The Boss worried.

So he told some friends. “The Sisters” manage a boutique hotel down in Holmes Beach, Florida. They’re NASCAR, former bartenders and biker babes. They like the Boss and saw he was sad about the whole thing, so next thing you know, they’re packin’ up to head up to Georgia. Warmed my heart to know he’s got buds like that.


The lady up north is lucky she doesn’t live closer. Weezy, darlin’, a whole lotta folk down here loves ya. Wait 'til more of our friends hear 'bout you.

No comments:

Post a Comment